(if you're looking for holiday shipping info, scroll to the bottom of this page.)
GENERAL SHIPPING INFORMATION
- All orders are shipped via USPS or via messenger within Manhattan (see below)
- We ship cookies Monday-Friday. Order placed before 10am will go out the same day. Orders placed after 10am will go out the next day. Orders that don't make the 10am cutoff on Friday will go out the Monday following.
- We do ship internationally, but time in transit may vary significantly depending on customs and local carriers, so we're not able to guarantee or estimate arrival.
PLACING YOUR ORDER
We make every effort to package and ship orders as quickly as possible. The length of time it takes for us to ship your order can vary depending upon when the order is placed, i.e., the day and time you place your order, whether or not we are in a busy season, etc.
To ensure that you receive your order by the time you need it, you can place orders up to 25 days in advance. Simply let us know when you need it, by leaving a delivery date in the comments area of your order.
Please note, we cannot guarantee shipping or arrival dates. We strongly recommend that you schedule your order to arrive at least 1-2 business days before your desired date to allow for any unforeseen delays. Cookies can be frozen upon arrival to preserve freshness.
WHEN WILL MY ORDER ARRIVE?
Our standard shipping is USPS Priority 2 Day, and the USPS estimates that all orders shipping via this method will arrive 1-3 business days after being shipped, depending on based on origin, destination, and drop-off time. We do offer a variety of shipping options based upon delivery location that may expedite this. We try not to offer shipping options that would keep cookies in transit for more than two to three days; but our cookies do have a shelf life of more than a week when in airtight packaging.
You, the buyer, are responsible for any VAT, tariff, duty, taxes, handling fees, customs clearance charges, etc. required by your country for importing consumer goods. We do not collect this beforehand, and cannot give you an estimate of the cost - charges vary around the world; sometimes significantly.
As an international consumer, please do your research to ensure there are no surprise charges when clearing your package through customs, and to have an idea of what the additional cost may be. If you are unfamiliar with customs fees and charges, please speak to your local postal or customs office for more information. It is your full responsibility to verify the customs, duties charges, and procedures in your country prior to placing your order.
If customs fees and charges are refused at the time of delivery, your order will be returned and you will not receive a refund for shipment costs.
HOW WILL I KNOW MY ORDER HAS SHIPPED?
We will send a confirmation with tracking information to the email address you provided with your order once the order has processed for shipment, generally the same day as shipment.
If you do not receive a confirmation email, please check your junk mail folder and add email@example.com to your safe senders list.
I THINK MY PACKAGE IS LOST
If your order tracking notes delivery but you haven't received your package, you can have USPS search for it by going here
WAIVER OF SIGNATURE
It is best if orders are shipped to an address where someone can receive for the delivery. It is at the sole discretion of USPS whether or not your package will be left without a signature. If signature is waived, Duchess Cookies cannot be held responsible if the package is lost, stolen or damaged.
MESSENGER DELIVERY WITHIN MANHATTAN
Messenger delivery is available as a shipping option subject to the following:
- Available for MANHATTAN ONLY, below 125th Street
- Available Monday – Friday only
- Orders for same day delivery must be placed prior to 10am and cannot be guaranteed
- Deliveries will only be made to a business or doorman building, without exception
- Additional charges will apply for attempted delivery, messenger re-attempts and messenger telephone calls required to complete delivery
Messenger deliveries for above 125th Street, Queens, and Brooklyn are available by special arrangement. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RETURNS AND CANCELLATIONS
All of our cookies are baked to order, and as such, cannot be returned. Orders can be canceled, and refunds will be issued, according to the terms below.
- Orders canceled before they are baked will receive a 100% refund.
- Orders canceled after they are baked, and before they are shipped, will receive a 50% refund.
- Orders canceled after they are shipped are not eligible for refund.
GENERAL HOLIDAY INFORMATION
ORDERS DO NOT SHIP FROM DUCHESS COOKIES ON WEEKENDS OR THE FOLLOWING HOLIDAYS
New Year's Day
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Presidents' Day *No USPS pickup*
Columbus Day *No USPS pickup*
Election Day (the November day set by law for general elections)
Veterans Day *No USPS pickup*